Wednesday 24 May 2017

Happy, Happy, Happy, News!

In February this year, Ross and I received some exciting, a bit scary, but very happy news, we are expecting a baby!


I took this pic at about 8 weeks, although I had the idea years ago! It's our wedding shoes at the beach I grew up on :)

While this baby was planned and hoped for, I found the first few weeks of the pregnancy extremely anxious, and I'm still finding it difficult to express exactly how I'm feeling - which is a new thing for me (as well as the hatred of all sweet food!)

We waited until after our 12 week scan to tell our families - even our parents, and told our closest friends that weekend.

I told work and shared the news on facebook after 15 weeks as I felt the 'keeping it a secret' thing was making me more anxious and therefore more nauseous - and I have felt quite a lot better since then!


FAQs (what everyone seems to want to know - which is lovely!)

When are we due?
 I'm around 16/ 17 weeks, so due end of October/ start of November ( we will be given a more definite date at our 20 week scan next month)

How have I been?
 Everything seems to be going well, and I feel OK, pretty tired and I was very nauseous for about 15 weeks - although not actually very sick - I always assumed 'Morning Sickness' meant actually throwing up, but apparently not!


Things I've been asked that aren't so lovely 

"Are you married!?"
To the woman in my office who I only know to see but who felt the need to let me know she heard I was pregnant (not actually congratulating) and then briskly asked me if I'm married - WHY does this matter to you? It's 2017 woman!
- For the record my response was "Did you just ask me if I'm married?! Sorry my hearing is bad but that's what it sounded like?"

"Was it planned?" 
 Again - NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS

"Were you trying for long?" 
This wasn't asked in a mean way but a caring way, but that it VERY personal information, and something that many people wouldn't want to share, and it's not a question I would ever ask someone, just be happy for their happy news!


Anyway, I'll share my POV and thoughts and updates as I can but for now I just feel like 'how do I deserve to be so lucky?!'


Any questions you have or advice (yes please!) please feel free to ask in the comments!

Love L x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this post, what do you think? Let me know below! Keep it polite please :) #NoTrollsAllowed